Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make garlic and Parmesan Hasselback zucchini
If you're looking for a tasty side dish that's fresh and perfect for a spring party, you'll love this take on the garlic and Parmesan Hasselback zucchini. Healthier than the traditional Hasselback potatoes that most people love, this original approach will also delight everyone. You'll need to be handy with a knife, but once you get your slices right, the rest of the dish is a snap.
Check out this cheesy recipe from Eating Well Magazine below and watch the video at the end to master the right cutting technique.
Garlic and Parmesan Hasselback zucchini
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 large zucchini
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Wash and dry your zucchini.
2. Placing your zucchini between two wooden spoons (to keep them from slipping), use a sharp knife to slice almost all the way through your zucchini without breaking the skin on the other side. Place cuts about 1/2 to 1- inch apart.
3. Place pieces of shaved Parmesan into each cut in your zucchini.
4. In a separate bowl combine olive oil, oregano, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Use a pastry brush to coat the zucchini with your oil and spice mixture.
6. Grill your zucchini on medium-high for 16 to 18 minutes.
7. Serve warm.
Pro tip: If you prefer, you can roast this tasty side dish at 475 degrees for about 18 minutes.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove